The child’s family follows a strict vegetarian diet.
The child lives in a 70-year-old farmhouse with his grandparents.
The child was strictly bottle fed.
The child required phototherapy after birth.
Number 2 is correct.
Plumbism, also known as lead poisoning, may occur if a child is exposed to lead paint. Living in a home built before 1976 may put children at risk, because paint manufactured before this date may contain lead. Signs and symptoms of lead poisoning in children include weight loss, developmental delay, learning disability, vomiting, and hearing loss. The most important factor in lead poisoning is exposure to lead dust and paint, not nutrition or tap water consumption. Phototherapy is prescribed to newborns with high levels of bilirubin, which can cause jaundice. Jaundice is not a known cause of lead poisoning.